Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To Pee or Not to Pee?


That is always the question.

I have made it to 4dp3dt, and I am wondering if this weekend will find me in a line at Rite-Aid buying up all of their HPTs like the HPT junkie I am. I have not POAS for months, and I am a bit excited at the prospect of again having a reason to do so.

However, the last time I POAS it was disastrous. Hole in the center of the universe disastrous. This is because one test turned into 12, because my husband and I saw a line. A faint line. I had never seen one before, and it was a momentous occasion. I did a dance in the kitchen, called my closest friends, took pictures of it and e-mailed them across the country to a fellow IVF-er, took more tests, did more dances, took more pictures...

Needless to say, I was super crushed when I got the BFN call, and I swore off HPTs. I have regarded them as the enemy.

But I am considering buying one again.

HPTs are like heroin to me. I know I shouldn't, but it keeps nagging me until I do, then I can't stop.

What should I do?

4 comments:

  1. Well...if you *do* break down this weekend, and if you have a Dollar Tree store near you...save yourself a crapload of money and buy your HPTs there.

    As far as whether to pee or not to pee. I advocate doing it...but not too early. I can't stand the idea of getting bad news from anyone but the stick in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe compromise! I am the worst at poas! I cant NOT do it!!! But, maybe you should poas the morning of beta. So that prepares you and you dont spend a week obsessing! Which is totally hypocritical advice, because I could NEVER not do it. I also recommend the dollar tree hpt's. I got my first faint positive at 7dp3dt with one of them!
    -goldelox07

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, my problem with doing a test is that I like to live in a fantasy world during my 2ww, pretending I am pregnant, and seeing a negative is like the HPT told me I couldn't dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you. Every single month....even before we were "infertile" I would be terrified to poas because the negative meant that all hope was gone for that cycle.

    ReplyDelete