Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm a Big Loser. So Why Do I Feel Bad?

Last year I started The Biggest Loser at work. Participants pay each month, weigh in, and the winner each month gets a cash prize. (This year, we doubled the entry fee and half of the money is going to the local food bank.)
Last year, I didn't win at all. This year, however, I am sweeping the competition. For the month of February, I lost 17.7 pounds and was winner of $95. This month, since I did my IVF, I told myself I would be happy to just maintain. I wasn't pushing myself to lose, I didn't exercise much, and I ate like crap (including a whole box of Tagalongs and a piece of pudding pie two days ago.) Well, when we weighed in this morning, I had lost 6 pounds. 6 pounds in a month is not great for someone as big as me. I was SURE someone would beat me.
Well, no one did. I am the Biggest Loser AGAIN.

But, I am not rejoicing. Why? Because I am a crazy, co-dependent kook, that's why.

I feel as if someone else should have won. After all, I didn't do my best. AND, I organized the thing. Now, I am super self-conscious, and I am thinking everyone is scrutinizing me because I am the one taking down the weights and doing the math (which I triple-checked to make sure.) I think I need to chill. After texting my husband that I had won but I felt guilty, he texted back, "F that. U r a winner." Now that's a great husband.

I just wish I could feel better about this.


5 comments:

  1. Don't try to talk yourself out of your awesomeness! You are amazing...and we love you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband is absolutly right! f that...
    And 6 lbs is 6 lbs-go to the food store and look at 6 lbs of ground beef! It's alot!!
    And, um, what are "Tagalongs"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KB! : )

    Smitty- Thanks. I never thought of it that way! Tagalongs are Girl Scout cookies, and they aren't even that good. I just really needed chocolate and my husband had bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BW - another side effect of IF...low self esteem. You are doing an amazing job with the weight loss, try and let yourself be happy.

    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came across your blog through another friends' blog. Congrats on the weight loss- that's where my mind always goes after a BFN too.

    ReplyDelete