Friday, March 26, 2010

No fair

My husband's dad is very sick. He has stomach cancer. It is amazing he is still alive, because when he was diagnosed in 2008, the doctor told him 3 months. Almost two years later, he has fooled everyone!

But, he is now so weak that he needs constant supervision. So we are making arrangements. The doctor is saying he may pass within a few months.

This is bringing back many terrible memories for me, as we watched my dad succumb to ALS two years ago. As we were walking the other night, my husband and I talked about how horrible it was to watch my dad deteriorate. He said, "It's no way to live." I cried. Right there on the sidewalk in front of the crazy lady's house. I don't like to remember my dad suffering.

Greg's dad has become like my own father, and I am afraid of losing another one.

It's just not fair that we have to deal with Infertility and the death of both of our fathers, as well as my illness, all in the span of 3 years. Not fair at all. I just want to throw a temper tantrum like a toddler. "NO FAIR! NO FAIR!"

But, as my mom will so chirpily remind me every time, "Life's not fair." So, we will trudge through...

1 comment:

  1. You're right, it's not fair. It's awful. It's too much. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete