Monday, March 15, 2010

The Things I Google During the 2 Week Wait

Okay, so I had my embryo transfer on Friday, and all weekend I stayed away from the computer, but then Monday comes and I am back at my desk.
And, the desire to Google all sorts of nonsense is so overwhelming that I finally do it.

Today I Googled these phrases (for real):

"Can sex harm embryos?"
"Embryos and Orgasms"
"IVF Success Rates" (as if I don't have them memorized for every clinic in the country.)
"Are eggs different each month?" This wasn't clear to Google, as it gave me sites on the freshest eggs to buy, so I tried: "Genetic Differences in Eggs from Month to Month"
"Cost of Surrogate" (This was when I went through the "I know it didn't work" stage of my day.)
"Implantation Failure"
"Antidepressants and IVF Failure" (I stopped taking mine after my last failure, wanting to "cleanse" my system.)

And guess what?
After all that, I know nothing more than when I started.

Ain't Google grand?




No comments:

Post a Comment