Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dazed and Confused

I am in shock. Complete and utter "I must be going crazy or stuck in another dimension" shock.

I think I am pregnant.

Holy crap.

I picked up a box of HPTs after work with the presumption they would be negative and I would have to call my doctor to see what was up (my last period was March 24, and, of course, I immediately assumed it was just an ovulation problem or something.) When I dipped the test in my urine, the lines appeared immediately and were DARKER than the control. So... I jumped around my bathroom with my pants around my ankles, squealing with delight. Then, I double checked the pamphlet to make sure there were supposed to be 2 lines. Perhaps I picked up one of those Bizarro HPTs that show two lines for a negative, I thought.
Then, I went crazy, called my doctor to schedule a blood test, called my husband, and started my Googling...

The blood test was this morning. I will know for sure tomorrow morning, and this 2-day wait is much worse than any 2-week-wait I ever went through. I keep thinking it has to be a fluke. There is no way I can get pregnant by having sex. No way.

1 comment:

  1. I think youre doctors office is into cruel and unusual punishment....a WHOLE day to wait on results!!! grrrrr....cant wait to hear good news!!

    ReplyDelete