Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm normal? No way!

When we saw the ultrasound two weeks ago, the bean was measuring at 6.7 weeks. Heartbeat was 144. So everything looks healthy. I was worried about it measuring smaller (I thought I was at least 8 weeks at that point, according to the first day of my LMP.) I was also worried about whether my PCOS could sustain the pregnancy without the help of PIO or something else. My doctor reassured me everything was normal. Normal. I am totally not used to that word. He also said that the ultrasound picked up the corpus luteum cyst, so, apparently, my hormones are doing what they are supposed to.
I am not feeling sick (just a weird icky feeling before and after I eat), and I wondered if that could be because I have been on so many hormones in the past that my body is just rolling with it. My belly is growing at an alarming rate, partially due to the fact that I am eating like a hog and not exercising as much. I am in a wedding in October and, at this rate, someone will be wheeling me down the aisle in a wheelbarrow. Classy.


9 comments:

  1. I was just about to send you a message asking how things were going. I've been thinking about you.

    This is wonderful news, of course. When will you have your 2nd ultrasound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being 'normal' sounds just about perfect! Let us know how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB- Not until 18 weeks. :P That blows. Hopefully, at my next doctor's appt. in 2 weeks, I will get to hear a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...do they know what you've been through? I can't believe they wouldn't give you just one more to ease your mind...ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked them. Because it's a natural he said "there's no reason to." I hope he'll at least let me listen to a heartbeat w/ a doppler. If not, I may rent one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SOOOO lame! Give a girl a break, huh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have had your next DR appt by now. Did you get an US or fetal doppler?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wondering how you're doing. Everything ok?

    ReplyDelete