Friday, March 13, 2009

Kev

So, my BFF's dad died today. 

I am freakishly serene right now. Two months ago, I NEVER would have felt like this. Every winter feels like Siberia. It is insane.  Then, add to it my dad dying and you have a colossally depressed individual. I have very recently begun to move on from my dad's death. It feels good, like I weigh less (and not just b/c I am low-carbing it.). 

And now I feel like I may be able to help, because the sun is shining and I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe this is why. Maybe this is why my dad had to be taken from me so quickly. I had to be there for a friend who had always been there for me.

When I lofted my parent's Thunderbird into someone's yard, he was right there beside me.
And the California trip... I will do a separate entry for that. 
And, of course, when my dad died.
I was crushed and he was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment