Thursday, March 12, 2009

Infertile Myrtle.

According to medical professionals, I am "infertile." I hate that term. It sounds so hopeless. But, with Reproductive Technologies, I can be fertile again, I guess.

So right now, I am in the process of my third Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) cycle. Every evening I shoot myself up with hormones that have so far made me fat, and every 3 days I return to the doctor's office so they can take blood and do an ultrasound of my ovaries to see what my follicles are doing. Lovely. The process is expensive and time-consuming, but it is exciting b/c I am that much closer to becoming a mommy.

Of course, it just so happens that EVERYONE and their uncle is getting pregnant all around me as if there are sperm floating in the air. It is frustrating, but I just keep reminding myself that more time for me is a good thing, and by the time I have a baby, their kids won't be cute anymore. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment